Saturday, February 15, 2014

praising when all you feel like doing is complaining

Im not gonna lie these past few days have been rather rough. A lot of things just came at me and I had very little spiritual capacity to fight them. I couldn't pray…didn't even feel like it. All I wanted to do was to lay on my bed and cry. Just let it all out by having a major pity/imtiredofallthis/idontwannadothis anymore party.  There wasn't one area in my life which didn't wear me out. Major stress and weariness set in for me.
In my personal walk with Jesus, faith in God isn't the major issue I deal with. For me, it's faith in myself. I do sometimes worry(i know i shouldn't) if I can go through this. If I'm cut out for this. All I want is to be a normal christian girl…living a happy life. Working out, traveling, becoming a doctor, wife and mother, falling in love, being social all the stuff I dream of doing. But I sometimes feel left-out…physically drained. I try not to let how I feel come through by dressing nicely and putting on some makeup but yes I do have my days. Days that i listen to the lies of the enemy because it becomes quite loud drowning the scripture I try to build myself with everyday.
I get irritable and almost give up! When I start to yo-yo in my health, emotions and faith in myself I begin to question God. I know He has ALREADY healed me and made provisions for me in every area SO i ask what could I be doing wrong.
This time God says YAA your victory is in your praise and by maintaining a cheerful positive outlook. The promises in scripture should be enough to make you smile throughout your day and sing praises to God in Heaven.
His other thing was about my speech. The words I was saying and the words I was listening to. My speech can be very random and unfiltered and you know what the bible calls a person like that….a fool. Yes!
I don't believe I am a fool but I act a fool when my words are many and my speech is unrestrained. Prov 29:11, Prov 15:2

There is also a strong correlation between speech and health. The Bible makes it clear that death and life are in the power of the tongue(Prov 18:21) and that the tongue of the wise brings healing (Prov 12:18).
So I have made a decision that by the Grace of God I will overcome this tongue issue. I will talk as Ephesians 4:29 commands- words for building up, as fits the occasion that it may bring grace to those who hear.

So this week was pretty tough but God is always with me and i know Im learning a lot in this time of my life. My faith walk is challenging but i know in due season I will reap all that I am sowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment